September 4, 2020 (1.17)
Redesign of the Source View, clips, transcriptions, Analysis View, signature analysis
The Source View has been completely redesigned:
- New layout that allows for new features in the current and the upcoming releases.
Several improvements to the File Viewer:
- Supports next/previous page navigation over multiple documents.
- Has been allocated a larger screen area.
- Greatly improved file cache, fixing bugs that some users reported about thumbnails not being displayed correctly.
- Added hotkeys for navigating through the pages of a document.
Improving the Information Panel:
- Adding a person automatically focuses the Claims Panel, enabling you to start typing right away.
- Added several hotkeys for adding and focusing the different persons and relationships (mainly using the Ctrl key).
A complete redesign of the Claims Panel:
- The different tabs have been replaced by one complete form containing all the claims.
- Improved layout optimizes the use of screen real estate.
- Focused claims are now highlighted with a green border.
- When the Source View is opened from the Person View or the Analysis View, the corresponding claims receive focus automatically.
- Improved the performance of the Claims Panel.
- Added several hotkeys for focusing and adding claims (mainly using the ALT key).
Introducing the concept of clips:
- Allows the researcher to connect a claim to the corresponding part of the document (called a clip).
- Supports both rectangular clips and multiline clips.
- Clips help to further improve the process of extracting information from a document.
- Enables a researcher to annotate clips and manage connected claims using the Clip Panel.
Introduces the new Transcription Panel [AW], [IvG]:
- Allows transcriptions per page of a document.
- Transcriptions allow rich text editing, including bold, italic, underline and lists.
Also introducing the new Analysis View [AW]:
- Replaces the previous Analysis dialog.
- The new layout displays the source reference and corresponding clips [MHa] directly next to each piece of evidence.
- Groups the evidence per conclusion for improved analysis.
- Allows the user to navigate directly from the Analysis View to the corresponding Source Views.
- The proof argument now allows rich text editing, including bold, italic, underline and lists.
Added support for signature analysis:
- Also introducing the new signature fact in the Claims Panel, which allows the researcher to add a clip of a signature to a person.
- Added the new Signature panel to the Person View.
- The new Analysis View is also specifically designed for signature analysis.
Improvements to the search capabilities:
- Now also searches in proof arguments, transcriptions and file names.
- Improved design and performance of the search results pane.
Fixing several bugs reported by users:
- Improved age calculations for complex ages like '5 months and 2 days' [MHe].
- Fix for the bug that sometimes prevented the correct displaying of thumbnails [TM], [PB].
- Fix for the formatting of the Dutch name Machielsen (which was formatted as MacHielsen) [PB].
- Added a settings button to the GEDCOM export dialog [MHe].
- And as always many performance improvements and bug fixes.