Yet another genealogical software application. Why?
Many of the most popular genealogy software programs around today are what one could call conclusion-based. The very few other programs around are more or less evidence-based, but they are intended as companion applications to conclusion-based software programs.
Centurial is stand-alone genealogy software that combines the benefits of evidence-based genealogy with the benefits from existing conclusion-based programs.
Can I run Centurial on a Mac?
Yes, turns out you can! There is no native version of Centurial for the Mac, but several users have reported that Centurial runs without any problems using Parallels Desktop for Mac.
When are you going to add feature X?
Please refer to the roadmap for an overview of the planned features for the next 6 months or so.
Why is Centurial no longer free software?
Centurial started out as an attempt at creating genealogy software that combines the benefits of evidence-based genealogy with the benefits from existing conclusion-based programs. By now it has proven to be a viable and even preferred evidence-based alternative to the existing software programs. By introducing a paid version of Centurial, I can spend even more time on improving and expanding the capabilities of Centurial.
Which editions of Centurial are available?
There are two editions of Centurial:
- The Trial Edition of Centurial has all the features of Centurial, but is limited to a maximum of 20 sources per project. The Trial Edition is free.
- The Personal Edition gives you unlimited access to all features of Centurial. The Personal Edition is €20 or €24 per year, depending on the payment plan you prefer.
What is the difference between the Trial and the Personal Edition?
The trial and Personal Editions of Centurial both give access to all features of Centurial. The only difference, is that the Trial Edition limits the number of sources in a Centurial project to 20 sources. As in Centurial all data is entered in the context of a source, this also means that after reaching 20 sources you can no longer add persons, relationships, claims and evidence to your project.
Do I need to buy the Personal Edition to export my data from Centurial?
No, you don't! Every user has free access to the Trial Edition, and the Trial Edition allows you to export all data from your Centurial project, regardless of its size or the number of sources in the project.
How much will the Centurial Personal Edition cost me?
The Centurial Personal Edition will cost you €20 or €24 per year, depending on the payment plan you prefer. The Personal Edition will get you:
- Full, unlimited access to all features of Centurial.
- At least 4 updates per year (but more probable 5 or 6).
- Email support.
- Occasional service patches.
Which payment plans are available?
We currently offer 2 payment plans:
- With the one time payment plan, you are charged €24 once; in return, you get the Personal Edition for exactly one year. After that year, you will be automatically reverted to the Trial Edition.
- With the recurring payment plan, you are charged €20 every year, until you cancel the subscription. In return, you get the Personal Edition until the end of the year in which you cancel the subscription.
What is the difference between the one time payment plan and the recurring payment plan?
The only difference between the one time payment and the recurring payment plans, is the way in which you prefer to pay: only once, or recurring as a subscription. Both payment plans get you the exact same Personal Edition.
What more can I do with €20?With €20, you could:
- Buy a good book (reading time: 8 hours).
- Have a lunch in a restaurant (1 hour).
- Go to the movies with a friend (3 hours).
- Buy your friends a drink in your local pub (1 evening).
- Or enjoy Centurial for a full year, including support, blogs, updates and service patches!
How do I cancel my recurring payment?
To cancel your recurring payment plan, start the Centurial application, and open the Settings dialog. In the license tab, click the Information and Upgrading link. This opens your license management page on the Centurial website. There you will find the link to cancel your subscription.
When can I cancel my recurring payment?
The first 10 months of your Personal Edition, you cannot cancel your recurring payment. After these first 10 months, you can cancel your recurring payment at any time. Also, you will receive an email at least 1 month before your next payment is charged. This email serves as a reminder in case you want to cancel your recurring payment.
Please note that you need to cancel your recurring payment at least 3 days before your next payment is due.
How is my payment processed? Is it secure?
All payments are processed by Mollie, an online payment processing company based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, that takes security extremely serious.
Which payment methods are supported?
We currently support:
Can I get a refund if I don't like it?
Refunds cannot be issued for payments already made. You should try Centurial with the free Trial Edition before purchasing to make sure it’s right for you.